Monday, June 17, 2019

First Impressions

Written by Nico S.

My first impressions of Peru were wildly eye opening. Many things I often take for granted in the United States, are scarce in Paita. Air conditioning, clean water, and ubiquitous education just to name a few. Meeting the sisters for the first time was a breath of fresh air. They are inviting and caring, as well as grateful for our group's presence. They are nothing but motivated to help see Paita improve by prioritizing the health and the education of the surrounding community.

We set up the clinic today, I had a lot of fun meeting new people. I walked the streets of Paita and was saddened to see the sheer number of stray dogs and homeless citizens around. I am excited to make a difference here.





No comments:

Post a Comment