- Our medical outreach was a huge success. Over 700 people were seen by our medical providers and 1,600 people were treated for intestinal parasites.
- St. Paul Parish has been providing clean water systems since 2015. This year, 80 families were provided with new water systems. Twenty older systems needed replacement filters, and eight sets of replacement filters were provided for future failed systems. A huge thanks to the parish for collecting donations during Lent so that 108 sets of water filters could provide pathogen-free water, preventing people from getting intestinal parasites.
- Over 120 high-school students at St. Clare School were taught self-defense. This training is really important to the young woman who are often victims of abuse, assault and rape.
Our next mission trip will be August, 2020. We plan to:
- Build, assemble, train and distribute 50 water systems. We would like to send, in advance, the Berkey water purifiers, so that we don't have the painful task of getting through customs every time we bring in these water purification systems in our suitcases.
- Provide self-defense training to:
- Students at St. Clare School
- Women in the Paita community
Please feel free to contact St. Paul Parish if you have an interest in helping.