Tuesday, June 24, 2014

You can Find Me...

One of the many things I have been trying to work at is to listen to God; to be more aware, to see and hear Him in everyday things, especially here during our time in Paita. It didn't take long.

I read my devotional for June 20th on my flight to Lima and it was so pertinent to what I am trying to do. It said: "I speak to you continually. My nature is to communicate, through not always in words. You can find Me in each moment, when you have eyes that see and ears that hear. Gradually you will find Me in more and more of my moments. You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me above all else."

So here we are on our last lag and landing in Piura. We have been awake for over 26 hours. I was exhausted, my feet hurt, my head hurt and my ears felt like they were going to explode. As I am having this pity party in my head, I look out the window and we are close to touching ground; we fly closely over a community of shacks. I feel awful even calling them that because these are people's homes, where they live and raise their families.

Instantly, I realized WHY I was here and that this was God's way of reminding me.He was showing me our reason to being here. Needless to say, I quickly ended the pity party and thought to myself, "I am here to serve." Thank you for the reminder Lord. I'm listening.

Submitted by Charlie Spindt


2 comments:

  1. Charlie., thank you for choosing the hardship in Paita over a million other things you could be doing., in order to bring a little comfort to some hard working people.

    ReplyDelete