Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We're Flying High

 
Today's the day we've been planning for since January. We're on our way as I write this.

Our flight was delayed due to thunderstorms. We were supposed to take off at 5:45pm. But instead, we took off at 9:53pm. We won't arrive in Miami until 1:30am. Since we've missed our flight to Lima, we'll have to work with American Airlines to get on another flight. I checked aa.com and found that the flights are all booked so we're not sure if we're going to make it to Peru today. We hope that American Airlines knew of our flight delay and booked us on a flight.

We're 30,000 in the air. It was somewhat turbulent when we took off due to the thunderstorms all around. The flight is rather peaceful and quiet. Some people are sleeping, while others are typing on their laptop or tablet.  Of course, I'm the latter. I brought all sorts of technology on the airplane... a Surface Pro, speakers, mouse, headset, camera, video camera, a digital voice recorder, a case of cables, and batteries, SDSX cards and other miscellaneous items. I needed a suitcase just for all of those items.

Lisa, Sarah and I are sitting in different rows. Sarah is sitting right in front of me on the airplane. I have no idea where Lisa is seated except I think that she's way back in the airplane. Well, I'm going to sign off for now because we are descending and it is becoming extremely bouncy.


We'll keep you all posted and let you know when we make it to Peru.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Ladies :) it's 11 AM - cst & I hope all is well. So, sorry to hear about the delays. ARE WE THERE YET? :) hope so. Be patient & surely you will be there soon. HURRAY! I'll check back in soon. Love the pictures of you World traveler's!!

    BEST WISHES & HUGS ~ from Jackson, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plane flew even though there was a thunderstorm! Man you should've seen the storm! It was crazy with lightning ground hit's and tree breaking winds! I always wonder how the birds make it through sense their so light.

    I hope you guys can book a plane to Peru safely and back to America.
    Anyway like I promised in church; I've commented Sarah!

    -Laurenk-

    ReplyDelete